Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My First Post!

04-24-2013
     Inspired by the blog "Amateur Hot Pack Hunter", I am starting a blog with the same intent.  I will be blogging mostly about my pack searching results.  However, I will also give my opinion and thoughts about new trading card releases.  EVERY product I write about will be RETAIL ONLY!  Also, every product I search is retail only.

     I will also be giving some tips on how to pack search the new products.
Every company has a different way of placing the hits/inserts in the pack.  Some are the top card, some are the bottom, some are 2nd card in, some are 3rd card in, etc.

     Ok I am starting off by making a list and including some pictures of most of my hits/inserts from the past three months.  I am open to trades, and cash.  Just let me know what you would like to have from the cards I post below.  We can possibly work a trade out, just make it fair for both of us.  Also if you would like to purchase ANY card you see here, we can work something out.  Just send me an email of your opinions.  Thanks a bunch.

***2013 Press Pass Football***

     These are pretty easy to search.  I have found 4 autographs so far.  What's surprised me about the autographs are the quality of the players I pulled.  Here they are...

Card #PPS-SJ - STEFPHON JEFFERSON - University of Nevada Running Back - SHORT PRINT - Red Ink Autograph WITH an inscription "Stefpheezy" in Red Ink!
Card #PPS-DR - DENARD ROBINSON - University of Michigan Quarterback - Nice On-Card Autograph
Card #PPS-RB - REX BURKHEAD - University of Nebraska Running Back - On-Card Autograph
Card #PPS-DA - DAVID AMERSON - North Carolina State University Cornerback - SHORT PRINT - Red Ink Autograph

***2013 Leaf Draft Football***
     This product is simple to search.  I've managed to find 7 Autographs so far!  Here they are...

Card #BA-KV1 - KENNY VACCARO - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-RA1 - ROBERT ALFORD - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-DT3 - DREW TERRELL - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-CF1 - CHRIS FAULK - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-GE1 - GAVIN ESCOBAR - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-ED1 - EVERETT DAWKINS - Authentic Autograph
Card #BA-JB1 - JON BOSTIC- Authentic Autograph

***2013 Topps Series One Baseball***

     This card was an AWESOME find!
     Card #TG-24 - SANDY KOUFAX - "The Greats" RED PARALLEL Version Individually Numbered 15/50!  Odds from the retail pack I opened are 1 in 5,271 packs!

     Card #CHR-JHA - JOSH HAMILTON - Chasing History Insert with a Blue Texas Rangers Game-Used Swatch

     Card #274 - MIGUEL MONTERO - Camo Border Parallel - #'d 62/99

***2012 Topps Magic Football***

     Card #159 - NICK FAIRLEY - Autograph
     Card #162 - GOLDEN TATE - Autograph
     Card #268 - LANCE KENDRICKS - Autograph

***2012 Panini Prizm Football***

     Card #296 - TYRONE CRAWFORD - Rookie Autograph - #'d 163/499
      Card #248 - CHRIS RAINEY - Rookie Autograph - REDEMPTION CARD

***2012-13 Panini Basketball***

     Card #262 - DAMIAN LILLARD - Rookie Card
     Card #5 - DWYANE WADE - Panini Game Jerseys - Black Miami Heat Game-Worn Jersey Card
     Card #14 - AL JEFFERSON - Panini Game Jerseys - White Utah Jazz Game-Worn Jersey Card
     Card #27 - MARC GASOL - Panini Game Jerseys  - Dark Blue Memphis Grizzlies Jersey Card

***OTHER***

***2012 Upper Deck Football Heroes***
     Card #RJ-JS - JEROME SIMPSON - White Cinncinati Bengals Game-Worn Jersey Swatch

2012 Bowman Football
Card #ITNR-SJ - STEVE JOHNSON - Inside the Numbered Insert with Red Buffalo Bills Jersey
2012 Topps Prime Football -Card #TR-DP - DeVier Posey - Triple Relic Card - Includes Two Red Houston Texans Jersey Swatches and One Blue Houston Texans Jersey Swatch.  The card is #'d 115/194
2008 Upper Deck Football - MATT FORTE - Upper Deck Rookie Jersey Insert - with Dark Blue Chicago Bears Jersey Swatch
2012 Upper Deck SP Golf
Card #AF-CS - CURTIS STRANGE - Authentic Fabrics - 3-Color PGA Tournament Swatch

****************************

I currently have just one "guaranteed hot pack".  It is a Factory-Sealed rack pack of 2012-13 Panini Basketball that contains a Panini Game Used Jersey Relic Card of TAYSHAUN PRINCE & Card #262 Damian Lillard.


3 comments:

  1. Wow. You've found a lot of Press Pass and Leaf Draft Football. I've only seen one box of Leaf Draft and four boxes of Press Pass. Also, nice Koufax The Greats parallel. I've been hoping to find one of those but, like you said, the odds are ridiculously high!! (1:5,271)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see another pack searching blog, I considered doing this myself, but just figured I wouldn't have the time. I would advise following in the footsteps of the "Amateur Hot Pack Hunter" though, and avoid giving actual searching tips in your blog posts. Just my opinion though! Look forward to seeing what you pull in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chris. You have to put in your time to earn the tricks of the trade in order to become one of us. We shouldn't spoon feed potential pack hunters. No one taught me the how to. I had to trade tips for tips or just do it the old fashion way, spending time and money figuring out the packs.

    ReplyDelete