Friday, April 26, 2013

I have had time to think it over and ...

I have had time to think it over and I have decided... not to provide all of my "How-To Pack Search" tips like I originally planned.  I won't provide tips on every product, but I will provide some tips and techniques that I believe will help you pack search effectively.

This very first tip I am providing is probably the most powerful and effective pack searching technique/method I can give you!
This is VERY simple, but it works!!!
Basically take five wrappers of 2013 Topps Baseball (I am just using this set as an example), place 12 base cards in 4 of the packs.  Then place 9 base cards and 1 basic jersey card in the fifth pack.  Make sure to put the jersey in the middle of the pack.  So the order is four base cards, one jersey card, and then five base cards.  Now, using some scotch tape, reseal the packs together as best you can.
Now you know which pack has the 'hit', so take the other packs and take note of any differences you find.   Individually, try holding the packs sideways, grab the far left and far right of each pack and ever so slightly bend the pack.  Obviously don't bend it so far as to damage the cards, but the idea of this exercise is to practice "bowing" the packs and noticing the difference between a pack of regular cards and a pack with a jersey card.  Practice this as much as you can until it becomes so easy a caveman can do it.  Ok, let's call that "Lesson #1".  For my next Pack Searching Tip, I will help you determine the difference between a "hit" and a ""dummy" card.

Let me know if these tips I am providing help you out.  Also, if you have any questions, thoughts, or CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM please feel free to leave some comments.
I know what most people think of pack searching and pack searchers.  So, please don't be disrespectful or rude to me or anyone who comments on my blog.  It just makes you look ignorant and ugly.  I don't want to have a big argument on the ethics of pack searching.  I understand your point of view on this topic, but I feel different about it.

With that said, I will be updating this blog a few times over this weekend.  I will be visiting a friend in a hospital about 100 miles away. I plan to search thetwo Wal-Marts, one Target, and one KMart in that area.  It's been 3 months since I last was there and searched those stores, so I am hella excited to see what I may find!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you @ the Wal-Marts, Target, & Kmart. Just curious, are you originally from northern California? It's interesting to note that you used "hella" which is a term commonly spoken in the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a beach bum and its just a term I use all the time.

      Delete
  2. I would agree with your tip. Making your own hot packs (or buying one off of eBay to practice with) is a great way for beginners to practice their skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright so these are your pack searching tips? Dude, you may as well have linked your readers to this (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_find_a_sports_card_hot_pack) website that was posted in 2008. You've had your web site three days now & your shit is filler already. Like it would have been the end of the world if you had given your audience a couple small original tips. Lol, really, what's the point of this?

    ReplyDelete