Wednesday, May 1, 2013

**Update** - May 1st, 2013


Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  I've been quite busy lately.

Anyhow, I did find a few more hot packs yesterday.

First off was a 2012-13 Panini Basketball Rack Pack.  Now, I knew this was a 
jersey card.  I also knew it was from the "Panini Game Jerseys" set.  So, I 
looked up the checklist on google.  Overall there aren't many desirable players 
in that set.  With the cost of the rack pack @ $4.98, it is almost not worth it.  
However, with this set, (2012-13 Panini Basketball), it is very easy to see the 
card number in the rack packs.  I looked and saw "CARD No. 5".





Dwyane Wade Black Miami Heat Jersey Swatch!  Nice!

I also did something I almost NEVER do.  I purchased a blaster box.  I have no 
idea how to search a blaster, but I saw 2 blasters of 2013 Press Pass NASCAR 
Total Memorabilia.  You receive one pack of 5 cards with a guarantee of a 
race-used relic!
I'm a big NASCAR fan and figured I might as well since I haven't any NASCAR 
relic cards from 2013 sets.  I pay the $19.98 and waited until I got home to 
open it.  Well I open it up and I got a nice insert.




2013 Press Pass "Remembering Davey Allison" Card #1/10.  This is the Blue Foil 
Parallel which are inserted 1 in every 100 packs!

The other cards were nothing special except for this beauty...



Card #TM-DP2 - Danica Patrick Race-Used Sheet Metal Card!!!  This card is 
beautiful, especially with a 3-color (Green, Black and Orange) Race-Used Sheet 
Metal Piece!  These are the colors of her sponsor GoDaddy.com!

This pull pumped me up.  So I drive back to the same Wal-Mart and buy the other 
blaster.  Once I got home I opened it.  I pulled this...



ANOTHER Danica Patrick Race-Used Sheet Metal Insert!!!  Card #TM-DP2.  This time 
the piece of sheet metal is all grey.
I looked up the checklist online and watched some breaks of the same blasters I 
bought on youtube.  WOW was I lucky!  There were many less desirable drivers in 
that set.

Here is a pic of both Danica Patrick cards together.



Aren't those two cards beautiful together?  I love it, especially since it came from retail!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Nice hits. I've thought about buying those blasters too but never have. Might have to give one of those a shot some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As great as the two Danica's I pulled, I'm not going to get another blaster of this product. First off, I think I did as good as reasonably possible for retail. Second, that checklist for this set is rather large as there are many Nationwide Series drivers on it. Third, I also recommend this to anyone wanting to buy a blaster of 2013 Press Pass Total Memorabilia NASCAR, watch videos on YouTube of other people opening blasters of this set. I've must've seen 10 to 15 blasters opened and it wasn't that impressive.
    I've decided to save up what I can and plan out hitting 2013 Bowman Baseball when it comes out. I don't know when the release date is, but I want to be prepared. To me "being prepared" consists of having a printed out checklist so I know what card numbers are more desirable. It also means knowing who the top prospects are and finding them. Of course I am going to search for the numbered color parallels and refractors as those are always in high demand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pulls! Danica is highly desirable too. She's the perfect poster child for NASCAR and caters to both sexes.

    ReplyDelete