Wednesday, May 1, 2013

2013 Topps Baseball Redemption Mailday!!!

This card wasn't pulled via pack searching, but it's so awesome I wanted to write about it.

On eBay there are many people who sell teams for group breaks.  Sometimes a random team is offered or sometimes there are 30 separate auctions with each team listed in the title and description.  Well 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 had just been released a few weeks and I wanted to be part of a group break.  I found one online.  It was for a factory-sealed case of 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 Jumbo Packs (6 boxes are in each case).  I looked at all the teams and prices and I waited until there were just minutes left before I placed any bids.  There were a few teams I wanted to win.  However, I was outbid on every team except one.  The Washington Nationals.  I paid about $50 for the team with shipping.  Kinda high but it seemed reasonable.  Anyhow, a few days later I watched the break live online.  I got pretty much what you'd expect from a 6 box jumbo case.  I got 7 Bryce Harper base cards, 2 Chasing the Dream, 1 1972 Topps Mini, etc.  As for the "hits"  I was VERY lucky and received two!  The first was a Bryce Harper Chasing the Dream Jersey Card! I have since traded it with a friend locally so I don't have a pic.  At that point I figured I got my moneys worth as the jersey card and other cards were close to what I paid in value and I had fun watching the break live online!
Now I did say I got two hits...  Well the 2nd hit was a redemption card.  A redemption card for a 2013 Topps Baseball Series One - Chasing the Dream - Card #CDAR-JZ - Jordan Zimmermann - Autographed Patch Relic #'d to 25!!!  I was SO SO excited!  I redeemed it right away and just received the card on Monday.  It was sent certified mail and I had to sign for it!  That was pretty cool.  Anyhow, I sat down and opened the package I just received.  Here is the pic...




How Awesome it that?!?!?!?!
The card is #'d 22/25!!!
The patch on this card is really nice! Black/Grey/Red
I know there is a market for this card as I've seen online there are many people who like to put together a master set of 2013 Topps Baseball.  I've seen a few online from previous sets like 2012 Topps, 2011 Topps, etc.  Obviously the sets don't contain press plates or any other 1/1 cards.  Since this card was a redemption and there are only 25 produced should make this card highly desirable!

Thanks everyone for reading my blog here.

I also want to state in this post that I will be posting many more pack searching tips in the VERY near future!  I have said previously I wouldn't give many pack searching tips, but I want to give out tips now.
Mostly because I want others to see how much fun and easy it is to pack search!
I do stand by my first tip.  That tip being making your own packs with one pack having a jersey and the others just base.  Practice, Practice, Practice is the best way to learn and become confident.


5 comments:

  1. Very nice card. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I'm still looking forward to the day of pulling a multi-colored patch/relic card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much easier to pull a patch/relic/autograph from hobby packs/boxes. In retail the patch/relic/autograph cards are out there. Although certainly higher odds, but they are there.
      Obviously, you would want to be at Wal-Mart, Target and/or K-Mart within hours of them putting fresh product out. This way you get first dibs on searching them. Being first to hit these products is very important as in the next 24 hours someone else will have searched the product also.
      Also I recommend searching the rack packs for patch cards. They are VERY easy to search and the odds are better you will find one in a rack pack than a regular pack.
      Good luck on finding a patch/multi-color patch card. It's mostly about the odds going in your favor. If you can get to the ("Big Three" stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart) right when they open in the morning, that will certainly boost you odds of finding one.
      Patch cards are VERY VERY easy to spot in most products. As the card is thick, like a brick, they stand out quite well.
      Also, as I am sure you all know, the packs and rack packs at Target have a clear package that is easy to see what cards are in the pack.
      Good Luck AthleticRC03 and report to us when you find a patch card.

      Delete
  3. Killer card, but I couldn't even make out who it was until you said in your post. You have GOT to get a decent camera, or a scanner or something bro. Keep up the good work, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I agree and apologize for the crappy pics. I use my cell phone to take the pics. I'll probably get a scanner in the next week or so because that seems to be the best way to show the cards I've pulled.

      Delete